Saturday, December 06, 2008

Couldn't sleep. CuddleMan needed me on my right, but I reeeeeeeally wanted to lie on my left, so...couldn't sleep. Now I've been up for two hours and I'm starting to get hungry. PLEASE PRAY for him, you guys. He's got his first ear infection ever (saw ped on Thursday), and he is miserable. His cough is what worries me most. He's on an antibiotic and children's Tylenol, but his cough is horrid. It's dry, but it sounds like his lungs are going to strip away (deep and barky).

I'm only awake right now because he woke up coughing at 4:20am and I couldn't get back to sleep. What can I do for my pitiful little man? The ped told me Robitussin for the cough and decongestant for stuffiness, but HELLO, I'm not going to do that.

I've already scoured the internet for various ideas, but I'd like to know what actually worked for you and your toddler/baby. He has eczema, so we weren't sure if Vick's Vapo-Rub or Johnson's Vapor Bath would be okay for him.
..

Here's what I found that seems viable:
  • warm bath (with essential oil or vapor bath)
  • licorice tea with honey
  • 3-4 TB olive oil with 2 drops essential oil, rub on chest and back, wear tight shirt
  • humidifier (with essential oil)
  • breastfeeding
  • Vick's Vapo-Rub on soles of feet/chest/back
  • hot drink with honey
  • apples
We already run a humidifier in the bedroom 24/7, but he didn't take a nap yesterday at all. Poor, exhausted little man...

No comments: