Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I have mixed feelings about kids' message clothes. Many of them are unacceptable to me, like "That's it -- I'm going to grandma's" and "Don't make me call grandma" and "Spoiled Rotten." I know it's just fun for the grown-ups and the kids don't even understand, but I just don't like that kind of message walking around on my child.

You can have cute and funny messages without promoting a poor attitude. I like things like "I'm not spoiled rotten -- I just smell that way" and "Free burps with every fill-up!"

MILESTONE: Today was Caspian's first time with a babysitter. Well, it was Grandma and Grandpa, but Mommy still left him to go somewhere. It was a much bigger deal for me than for him. I had to go to quartet rehearsal, and Charlie's flight back from a conference in Seattle landed an hour later, so Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Kirk came over to watch Caspian for two hours.

No comments: