I have been meaning to catch up on blog posts, but Facebook is so much easier! I promise to try to transfer all the stuff from the last few months so it's accessible to non-FBers. Meanwhile, here's a Dailies exclusive story:
Last night, I was really nauseated when I laid down for bed. I wasn't sure if I needed to eat a snack, take Pepto, just go to sleep, or what. Any time something like this happens now, I wonder if my body is "purifying" itself for labor. (note to self: NOT YET, PLEASE!) Anyway, I went to sleep and had a very vivid dream, only the end of which I remember. I was substitute teaching and went out into the hallway for something and my water broke — gallons of water and ribbons bright red blood everywhere (yes, I know there shouldn't be red blood in my "water" but it was a dream, alright?). All I could think about was that my next prenatal appointment was that day, and I wondered if I should tell my midwife or not, since I wasn't ready to go into labor yet. I woke up in a panic and tried to make sense of the fact that my water had broken. I was really crampy, too! I couldn't reconcile whether or not it was a dream or reality, so I asked somebody and they said it had actually happened. I was wondering if the cramps meant I was in labor or not when I woke up for real.
- He loves reading "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", Babar and Madeline stories, "The Droodles Storybook of Proverbs", Maisy the mouse books, books about babies and being a big brother, and Peter Rabbit.
- He loves playing music, especially doing percussion (everywhere), jamming on the keyboard (especially switching "voices" and adding pre-recorded backbeats), and using my recorder.
- He got his first self-inflicted paper cut yesterday, reading. It really confused him.
- He had his first authorized piece of candy (a Kiss) on Easter. Speaking of, wait 'til you see this video of Caspian sharing the Easter story!
- Everything is now a lightsaber. A friend of his had some duplicate Star Wars "Galactic Heroes" figures which he gave to Caspian, who didn't know anything about Star Wars. Now he knows all their names, has seen relevant scenes in the original films (courtesy of grandma), and the first part of Episode IV (courtesy of daddy). We're trying really, really hard to get him out of the violent mindset this has encouraged. I don't mind the constant swordfighting (as he calls it), just when he says, "Kill! Kill everybody!" We're trying to teach him to "stun" instead.
- He is very opinionated about his clothes now. Some days he insists on khaki pants or a tie-dye shirt, etc.
- His favorite things to watch are classic Disney animated films, Pixar films, and VeggieTales.
Best friend Becky, her husband Ed, and their daughter Amelia (Caspian's birthday buddy) visited scenic Wilmore last month. Becky also did an amazing maternity shoot with us while she was here. We've seen a few of the shots but can't wait to see more of the pictures she took!!!
Caspian's board game addiction has decreased lately, but this was at its peak. Bonus points to Kate and Crystal if they remember which one this is! (no cheating, mom)
our cuddlebug wakes up daddy from a nap
April 5, after our church Easter egg hunt
We're planning another natural childbirth with a midwife and a doula at the hospital. I want to avoid back labor if I can, this time, so I spend a lot of time on hands and knees (the birthing ball really helps and is a comfy seat, too). Caspian likes to use his ball with me.
My awesome friend Tracy got her aunt to do a henna tattoo on my belly! This is the dark brown paste, but it flaked off and left an orange-hued tattoo which faded to freckle-brown.
Caspian is authorized to perch atop his baby brother for the last time until they're at least 8 or 9.
If you want more, join Facebook or just be patient...