Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yeah, yeah — I know. I have a good excuse, though. Last week I was sick...then Caspian and I were both sick...then I was still sick but Caspian's fever broke...in time for two new teeth to come in. He was sooooo cranky and off-schedule, it was awful — he woke up from every nap crying, poor baby.

Sunday was really crazy, and that didn't help either. Charlie got a GPS for a Christmas bonus, so we returned it to Best Buy for store credit, hoping to get a Wii. We found out they were releasing their Wii stock on Sunday morning, so we went super-early, but the claim tickets were all gone. Somebody mentioned that Toys 'R Us next door had some, so we went over and got the last one! We decided to check back at Best Buy when they released the unclaimed Wiis at noon and scored another one to sell on eBay! Between our two Wii-ventures, we went to the Urgent Treatment Center (because the automatic sliding door on our minivan closed on my arm Saturday night ) and church. On Sunday afternoon, I went to a cookie-baking party at a customer/friend's house (she provides the staples and the equipment, you bring your recipe and any specialty ingredients), and it was such a fun getaway! I'd forgotten how nice it was to hang out with adult women. I left home as soon as Caspian fell asleep at 3:30, then Charlie laid down with him and they slept until 7:30! Not surprising considering what an early and long day he'd had. He definitely had a growth spurt this week, too. Charlie thinks he's an inch or two taller!

I just made these flourless cookies last night. We were pouring over recipes as possibilies for a potluck on Thursday, and Charlie was going crazy...so I made some as a practice run.
Easy Peanut Butter Presses
(Pampered Chef, plus a little Hilary)
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 egg
* ½ c. or 1 c. mini chocolate chips *
* 2 T peanuts, chopped *
Combine egg and sugar, then mix in peanut butter until completely blended. If you're Hilary, add ½ c. mini chocolate chips. Use a cookie press to form the cookies (or if you're Hilary, level scoops with a melon baller sprayed with Pam). Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes until set and light golden brown. After cookies have cooled, melt ½ c. chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle chocolate over them. Top with chopped peanuts, if desired.

Need any last little somethings for Christmas...?

FREE Gift-Wrapping & FREE Shipping!
Let me make your Christmas shopping less stressful. From a $10 stocking stuffer on up through the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Tower, I've got you covered!
Fragrances ~ Spa Body Care ~ Men's Products ~ Teen Goodies ~ Gift Certificates
Shop online or contact me for gift ideas!

No comments: