Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I never thought I'd clean someone else's face with my own saliva.

Caspian slept from 11:00-3:30 last night! I think he would've slept longer, but a strong poopy sound-smell combination woke me then, and I thought it was him. In my stupor, I shined the flashlight right on his face to check on him. He had been sound asleep and still to that point. Grrr. In retrospect, the smell/sound must've been either my imagination or Mia, who was sleeping next to my head. Caspian's never been stinky in his whole life -- not even his poo! Too bad I didn't remember that last night.

Things I Can Now Do One-Handed:
  • wash and dry a load of laundry
  • fix a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk
  • type (either hand)
  • smooth and fold a blanket
  • apply lotion from a squeeze tube

Don't be impressed; this is out of necessity. We don't have a swing, a bouncy seat, or even a Pack n' Play, and I refuse to leave my child in his bassinet when he's awake, so a lot of things get attempted baby-in-hand. The Moby's too hot to wear all day and too involved just to pop on as needed. My two-handed tasks are piling up, though, so I don't know how much longer we can function this way...

No comments: