Friday, August 24, 2007

I had an MRI for my pesky right foot on Tuesday. It may be broken after all. I'll find out next Tuesday night.

As Charlie put it, Saturday is not Caspian's day. We left him with my parents while we were out at a potluck last Saturday, and he touched a lightbulb. He got 2nd-degree burns on his finger and hand, and a nasty-huge fluid blister. It popped Monday morning, so we took him to the doctor. Now I have to change his dressing every 2-3 hours, alternating the medication I put on it each time. It hasn't scabbed yet, and he kept trying to bite off pieces of gauze and tape...so we socked his hand. He looks so pitiful, crawling around with a sock up to his forearm!

On a positive note, we got this Melissa & Doug blocks set at Home Goods for only $15! There were a few missing and no price tag, so they charged us the price of some other blocks set.

And in other news, he's started taking 2-4 steps at a time! It isn't much, but it's a huge leap toward independence. Yay, Caspian!

1 comment:

Kate said...

That poor baby! I feel so bad for him! This has not been his month. Ummm...on another note...I am proud to announce that I'm pregnant! Due May 3. (I know, it's early to tell everyone, but we figure the more people that know are the more people praying for us!) We have told our family, and we'll tell the youth group next week, then the church a week from Sunday. Then the WORLD!!! I am excited, can you tell?! I'd call you and tell you in person right now, but who knows? You might actually be sleeping or something. And I don't want to bother you. So I'm writing this looooong comment when my initial purpose was to sympathize about Caspian. I am so self-involved. I'll quit now. I love you all!