Monday, May 07, 2007

Sorry I haven't posted lately. If we were married, you guys would be my Great Cloth Diaper Hunt widows! I am discovering some awesome resources that I would've never known about otherwise, though.

Curious about cloth? Try it for $5!

In Caspian's crawling escapades, he's finally discovered that the office has a door... (( ominous organ music )) He crawled up and down the hallway about six times (mostly trying to get the cat). I never realized how much debris was on my carpet until someone was down there trying to put it in his mouth!

His newest expression: the nose wrinkle and snort combination. He's started breathing hard and fast through his nose while wrinkling it. It's pretty darn cute, I must say.

We've been experimenting with tongues recently. I'll stick mine out, and Caspian tries to catch it. He thinks the wiggling is hilarious. He also tried to bite my teeth this weekend. I had my mouth open wide so he could see inside, and he leaned forward and tried to bite the nice white lower row!

He JUST bit me on the shin! I have one of those little round band-aids there, and he bit me on it! Stinker...

I also discovered this morning exactly why women are willing to shell out money for someone else to paint their nails. I always thought, well, just do it yourself! This morning, though, I got halfway done and realized I had to go to the restroom...so I added clothes wrinkles and toilet paper fluff to my manicure. Then Caspian decided he wasn't interested in being in his swing anymore. Then I just gave up on having smooth nails.

Here's a neat remedy my mom forwarded via e-mail:
Tick Removal
Please forward to anyone who hunts, who has children, who lives near woods, etc.

A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!!

I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great, because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and let it stay on the repulsive insect for a few seconds (15-20), after which the tick will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me. Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"
I almost forgot! On Friday night, I put Caspian next to Charlie on the bed so I could get up and change clothes. A minute later, Charlie exclaimed and I turned to see Caspian sitting at the other end of the bed, on the edge, teetering! I leapt for him just as he went over...and I caught his arm. I tried to stop his fall without hurting him, but it twisted around 360 degrees, I swear. I was so worried I'd broken his arm, I just clutched him, saying, "JesusJesusJesusJesus" and trying not to have a coronary. Praise God, he was completely unphased by the event -- physically or emotionally! It took Charlie and me quite a while to start breathing normally again, though.

No comments: